SAUV II Solar Autonomous Underwater Vehicle
SAUV II provides the most flexible combination of power, endurance, and mission-configurability on the surface and depths up to 500 meters. The SAUV is designed to reside on the surface while recharging batteries and then to execute its programmed mission. Some applications are coastal and harbor long-term security surveillance, data portal (to moored sub-surface instruments), and any other application where long-term deployment is required.
- SAUV II standard oceanographic sensors include: CTD, altimeter, speed sensor, pitch, roll and heading sensor, GPS at the surface
- On-board rechargeable lithium-ion batteries
- Real-time command, control, and data recovery through RF, satellite and acoustic communications
- Durable composite vehicle construction fiberglass
- Through water speed up to 2 knots