AquaNetwork modem is standard AquaComm modem with added networking capability, so deploying numerous underwater sensors in a network configuration. Underwater network applications include: Pipeline monitoring network, e.g. for subsea oil and gas production, oceanographic sensor network, environmental monitoring and Autonomous Underwater Vehicle (AUV) communications.
- Parallel link capability: code division multiple access (CDMA) capability
- Simultaneous links between nodes can co-exist due to CDMA
- Addresses can be set dynamically
- Broadcast data and commands to several nodes simultaneously
- Broadcast wake up command to awaken sleeping nodes simultaneously
- Networking command API allows third parties to interface and implement networking layer easily